Rotation issue during extruding a long a path

Hello, evry one. I have encountered orientation issues while extruding my 2D profile along a polycurve, particularly at the polycurve’s end. I first tried using the ‘CurvePlane.At Parameter’ node, and then attempted it with ‘Curve.CoordinateSystemAtParameter’, but I didn’t achieve any satisfactory results. I even tried to make it extrude using solis.bysweep and Curve.SweepAsSolid , but without success. Can you advise me on how to align the extruded profile with the curve’s normal until the end? Thank you.
GBA en TPC.dyn (81.6 KB)
project testing 0.7z (4.3 MB)

Just replied to what I believe is your post on the other thread… can you post the files to reproduce the issue?

1 Like

Hello everyone, I have consistently encountered the same issue of rotation at the end of the extrusion. Could you assist me in resolving this problem?

1 Like

Hola Amigo @slimtr bonjour. When you generate a solid based on a line (By path) this solid will follow the geometry as best as possible to generate a coherent geometry, I mean if the base line has a curve the solid will also have a curve, so that’s why your final extrusion does not have a rectangular end, I think it is a normal behavior, but maybe I could be wrong, I hope this helps you!

I correct myself, yes it has a rectangular end, but perpendicular to the end of the original baseline!

2 Likes