Solid.BySweep - Profile rotation issue

Im struggling with sweeping profile along path. My profile loses its horizontal orientation and it slightly roates at the end of sweeping path. My first though was that Curve coordinate system will be rotated as well, by that not the case. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Sample.dyn (20.3 KB)

Try using a Solid.Sweep2Rails node, or the Solid.ByLoft node with the guide curves override.

1 Like

Hello, Jacob.Petit. I have encountered orientation issues while extruding my 2D profile along a polycurve, particularly at the polycurve’s end. I first tried using the ‘CurvePlane.At Parameter’ node, and then attempted it with ‘Curve.CoordinateSystemAtParameter’, but I didn’t achieve any satisfactory results. I even tried to make it extrude using solis.bysweep , but without success. Can you advise me on how to align the extruded profile with the curve’s normal until the end? Thank you.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Hard to help without the specific geometry to test with. Can you start a new topic and attach the relevant files to reproduce the issue?

Thank you for your response. Alright, I will conduct the test on another project. In the meantime,I tried to send you the files, but I wasn’t successful. I think it’s because I am a new user. Do you have any ideas on how I can transfer them to you?

• List item

Well, I just bumped your trust level, so you may be high enough now. If not, you can use a service like Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc…

1 Like