Room Number + Level

Hi all,

i´m trying to force Dynamo to create my automatically rooms Number by Levels. What i would like to do is changing the Level Parameter Name becaus ein the projeckt I have Long Names.

For example:

if Level “OK FFB 1.OG” than “001”

What i archived by now is following:

Room Numbe r= ParameterX + Level + Number

and looks like: BT. OK FFB 1OG.123

what im Looking for: BT.001.123

Any Idea?

Thanks

Hey, you’ll have many many replies… here’s mine :slight_smile:

Edit: It depends on how regular your coding is… if you always have the same number of characters but “B” changes to “D” then you could use something like this…

Use a dictionary. You can create a list of input keys (the actual level names) and have them output specific values for your naming convention (001, 002, etc).

Hi Nick, Hi Mark,
thank you for the Reply!
This is my script now… where should i add my Dictionary? do you have an example?

The Springs and LunchBox packages have nodes for dictionaries. You can also create one with a codeblock. I recommend doing a search through the forums to see what looks good to you.

example for dictionary

Hi all,
i get the Dictionary!! :)… now i just need pick these Parameters…

The good thing about a dictionary is that you can input a single set of levels and define the outputs for use in all your rooms. This allows you to easily correct any anomalies in your naming… for example Parapet 01 can be replaced with P1.

Hopefully this is of interest…

Hi all,

my Dictionary is working but i dont know where to push the values.

Have a look at mine… you’re creating key pairs from the available level names* & codes then using the value from your room to pull the code out from the dictionary…

*You could get unique values from the rooms, but I quite like the idea of knowing every code for every level, whether or not they are being used at that moment

1 Like

Hi everyone, i´m coming back here after quite a bit of time.
I actually archived what i was looking for, thanks to @Mark.Ackerley and all you guys!
Here is the screenshot :wink:

1 Like