Rhythm "Titleblock Types" Node Duplicating outputs

Hi Guys,

I can’t see any mention of this one after searching the forum,

Using Rhythm 2022.10.2

“TitleBlock Types” node duplicates it’s output each time graph is opened.
Is this the right way to report issues here in the packages category?

Cheers
Brooke

Hmm. That’s odd. Let me do some digging.

Should be fixed in the latest version now:

1 Like

Hey John,

Thanks so much for looking into it.
I’ve removed 10.2 and installed 11.1, but i’m getting an unresolved node for the titleblock types node.

I checked in the library also, and it appears quite a few nodes not loading

11.1 library image below

10.2 library image below:

I uninstalled and reinstalled again in case it was my download or installation but i think maybe they’re missing from the latest version?

Well darn. I have seen something similar happen before. Let me dig some more.

(I would make sure on Rhythm uninstall that the entire Directory is gone before continuing)

Yep, I uninstalled, checked folder was gone. Restarted revit and dynamo, checked that package was gone from the tree and package manager, then reinstalled. That’s when i took the screen grabs

Thanks again mate, I really appreciate it.

There is some kind of bug in the latest package manager publishing workflow that excludes all my DLLs. Weird… Will publish from an older version of Revit.

cc @solamour @Michael_Kirschner2

K, I just uploaded 2022.11.2 to the PM. Try downloading that one as soon as it is available.

Hey John, which version of Dynamo was this? And did you select additional files or a directory?

Dynamo 2.13.1

Yes, I added them.

Thanks so much,

Issue #2 resolved :grinning:
Seem to have full list of nodes returned in 11.2

Unfortunately, the Output on Titleblock Types is still duplicating after a save > close > reopen graph.

The existing node placed in my graph was unreferenced, i assume because you had to give it a new ID?
So i deleted the node and replaced with node from 11.2, but yeah it still duplicates its output.

Yeah I thought it was because I had it misnamed. Hmm, this is a weird one. I will have to ask the team.

K, one more try.

And if this does not work. UI nodes will likely be removed from Rhythm because managing this with the ongoing Dynamo updates, old DLLs they use, (and lack of support from the Dynamo team) is exhausting.

Hey John,

Thanks so much for your efforts.
You are a legend and I’m sure I speak for many users out here who watch and use all of your hard work but may never get around to saying anything personally.

I can confirm that the 11.3 update has resolved the node output duplicating issue.
Existing ‘placed’ nodes maintain their duplicated output so it’s a simple fix to update the package and then copy/paste any existing nodes re-attach wires and delete the old.

Any newly placed nodes behave as expected.

Cheers mate.
Many thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and for confirming it worked. So glad to hear it. :smiling_face:

@Aaron_Tang could you take a look into the issue @john_pierson is experiencing after 2.17 goes out :slight_smile: ?

Sorry for the exhaustion on package maintenance John - we have a huge bucket of Package improvements we’re going to take a look at and prioritize next year.

1 Like