Rhythm Package Missing Nodes

Installed lasted version of Rhythm for Revit 2021 (Rhythm 2021.21.1) but some of the nodes are missing. I opened an old script that uses the older nodes but cant find those nodes in the search area.

Likely deprecated in favor of an out of the box equivalent. Which nodes are erroring out or are you not seeing?

Take Collector.ElementsofCategoryInDocument for example, bottom is the orginal node in the script. I simply just copied it and noticed now its “Renamed” but doesn’t actually change name. Even searching for this node nothing comes up

Try searching in the library instead of in canvas. Also try ElementsOfCategory and filter the library search to just the Rhythm library (use the filter icon after you type the search string).

The nodes are there - as otherwise you’d have an error on canvas. Note that the rhythm prefix is an automatic renaming thing that John has built; it’s not actually named with that prefix.

The node is still in the latest version of rhythm. Make sure you install that as I recently fixed a few errors that were causing partial loading.

Which version should be downloaded with Revit 2021? Just the latest 2023.7.3?

Yep! The latest should work from 2021-2024

1 Like

Tried to install latest version and got this error message. All our packages are saved on a network. I can see what the rest of the error message says. I can download to desktop but even copying to network doesn’t work completely.

Packages will often fail to load off a network due to infosec policies. I recommend utilizing your appdata folder (the Dynamo default) to prevent such issues.

I tried to manually download off Dynamo Package website and the dyf folder is emtpy.

Rhythm uses DLLs and not DYFs, so yeah that would be empty.

Using latest version and still missing nodes

Navigate to the Rhythm subcategory in the library and look at which nodes you have. Under selection, the collectors are still there. Searching Rhythm in the library will not show all nodes.

Finally able to get the download to stick and show properly and I believe I got all the nodes. Ran a random script and got this error.

Ah bummer. That’s going to be a. Issue because Revit 2024 changed the darn ids. I’ll take a look.

1 Like

This is fixed in the latest version of Rhythm (v2023.8.2) which will be live shortly. (Once Dynamo’s package manager’s dial-up kicks in)

1 Like

Still get issue with latest Rythm

Are you in Revit 2021?

Admittedly, I only tested in 2022+, so there might be another API change that I missed. :roll_eyes:

I advise you to just use a Python node then as you are in an older version of Revit.

# import common language runtime 
import clr

# Import RevitAPI
clr.AddReference("RevitAPI")
# import all classes from Revit DB
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import *

# import Revit dynamo libraries
clr.AddReference("RevitNodes")
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.Elements)
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.GeometryConversion)

# the family instances
linkDoc = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
category = UnwrapElement(IN[1])

filter = ElementCategoryFilter(category.Id);

elements = FilteredElementCollector(linkDoc).WhereElementIsNotElementType().WherePasses(filter).ToElements()

# return the results
OUT = elements

and the code is here too:

Yes, I use 2021 currently. I will try using the script, but does this line need to change so I dont have to use links and just use the current doc?

no. that line does not need to change. that is input 0, for you to input your link document.

1 Like