Rhythm Loading Error

I had been using this package for the past couple years to do my upgrades, but for some reason this time around there is an error I can’t get around. I barely use Dynamo and I’m sure it’s a simple fix. Am I doing something wrong or did the install mess up so that it is looking for 1.3 instead of 2.18?

That looks like your package mapping is messed up. What’s that look like under preferences?

If this is what you had in mind…

Hmm. Which version of rhythm? Might want to uninstall and reinstall the latest.

1 Like

The package manager says 2023.9.1. I’ve reinstalled it twice and I get the same issue. This is a brand new machine with a new install of Revit 2024 as well.

Try renaming your packages folder, and reinstalling.

If that doesn’t fox it, try the jacob small special, and disable all Revit add-ins to see if that fixes it.

That’s where it gets weirder. The latest from the package manager should be 2023.8.6.

would you mind attaching the pkg.json from your rhythm folder location?

Also are you using an old .dyn file?

Here is the attachment. I started out using the original .dyn file, but I also tried creating a new one to see if it made a difference and it still came back with the same error(s).

*edit to add that it won’t allow me to attach. I can email to you if you’d like.

Bumped your trust level; if it still doesn’t work try appending a .txt on the end of the file name.

2 Likes

pkg.json.txt (1.1 KB)
Here is it as a .txt appended to the end. Thanks to @jacob.small !

1 Like

So that looks fine based on how my package loads with the new way.

I’ve never seen the 1.3 error. It really is like your dynamo install is trying to reference some way old packages. Do you also have the dyn?

@jacob.small have you ever seen something like this ?

Nope… Mind boggling how it’s happened unless there is some funky IT deployment going on…

@MatthewTino can you attach your DynamoSettings.xml file (rename the extension if needed) which can be found here: %appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.18\?

See attached

DynamoSettings.xml.txt (5.63 KB)

Ok… not seeing anything too concerning here,a nd there is no reference to a 1.3 folder, so we’re going to go heavy handed to see if we can fix it.

1. Close all Revit and Dynamo instances across the system.
  2. Go to this folder: %appdata%\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.18 and find DynamoSettings.xml.
  3. Rename that to DynamoSettings.xml.nope.
  4. In %appdata%\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.18\ find the packages folder. Rename it to packagesNope.
  5. Go to %programdata%\Autodesk\RVT 2024\Dynamo\2.18\packages\ and confirm that you only have four folders in there - GenerativeDesign, GenerativeDesign.Extension, GenerativeDesign.Revit, and DynamoPlayerExtension. If you have more than that, move them to another location.
  6. Start Revit 2024 and launch Dynamo. It will be slow, as your settings file and packages directory are going to be rebuilt. Install Rhythm from the package manager and close Revit and Dynamo.
  7. Restart Revit, launch Dynamo, and try to run your upgrader graph. If the issue doesn’t persist we can confirm it was something I didn’t see in the settings or a mismatch in a package within the packagesNope directory (perhaps an extra version of Rhythm was floating around in there?).
1 Like

Also, clear this folder:

C:\Users\m-tin\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\backup

I believe you have old versions of graphs/packages in there that are syncing still

1 Like

Now I’m getting this warning after completing those steps:

I know it might not feel like it, but that is progress. :slight_smile: there were some weird artifacts from the 1.3 installs, which is now fixed.

Let me look into this issue next.

1 Like

I didn’t mean for you guys to have to troubleshoot my machine. :joy: No need to go nuts trying to figure it out. I just assumed perhaps I was getting some goofy install and perhaps the next update of the package or Revit would clear it out.

Interestingly, my package still shows 2023.9.1 in the following image:

So 2023.9.1 is what Rhythm versions itself as on complete loading task (currently, as I am still working on multi-Revit support).

The resources thing you saw is odd, and a bit different.

1 Like

@MatthewTino - if you could try the latest version from the package manager. 2023.8.7