Helpers. User message - node from Rhythm package

hi all,

Is there a reason why in my dynamo Helpers. user message not showing up (see below) in my nodes?
I have updated rhythm to 2023.1.1

TIA

Do you mean it’s not showing up in your library? Are you looking in the right place?

1 Like

yes, its not here; no idea why.

You’re not in the right place. Start in the RhythmRevit section. Are you in Dynamo for Revit? Do you have that section? If you search for it does it come up?

you mean here? no it doesn’t comes up.

What version of Revit are you in? I changed a few things around recently and I think it dropped 2020 support because of incompatible Revit DLLs.

What you are seeing is only the core libraries loading. (RhythmCore.dll)

i am in Revit2020.
what does it means by core libraries , where do i find this node then?

Rhythm allows for partial loading of itself in other tools that Dynamo supports. (Typically sandbox or Civil3d or Alias, etc).

In Revit 2020 and older, Rhythm is not loading because of Revit API changes. I moved to support 2023 recently, resulting in support only for 2021,2022, and 2023. Thus dropping 2020 support. (This support window actually mirrors Dynamo’s own support for Revit. The newest 3 versions)

Let me see if I can get an update out, and you can install that specific version. The other option is to uninstall and install an older one that previously worked for you.

Kind of understanding what you mean, thanks.
That would be great and previous version i thought dont have this node so, i updated to this one.

Understood. Let me see what I can do in terms of supporting that version.

Sorry about that. Crossing multiple package versions as a package author is… difficult. to say the least.

This is one of the reasons archi-lab is so specific with his installation versions.

Alright, so you’re going to want to install version 2023.2.1 for Revit 2020 support. Everyone else 2022+ will just install the latest.

2 Likes

Hi,

Looks like I got it, thank you so much.

1 Like