Revit to Excel, exclude unplaced types and instances

Hi,
I’m trying to work with curtain panels in excel but my basic Dynamo graph is bringing in unplaced curtain panel instances. I have purged unused in Revit and the Revit schedule only shows panels that are placed. Can anyone help with how to exclude unplaced instances?

Are they unplaced or are they the panels created by removing portions of curtain grids? Would help to see an image of your graph.

I started by creating curtain systems on Mass faces. I then made the grids independant and added more grids. I then changed the panel types. The Revit schedule is only showing the panels that are actually there but when I export through Dynamo to Excel there are a load of panels with 0 width and 0 height. Some are the original system glazed panel and some are my own panels that were changed or deleted. Some of the panels may have been created by removing portions of curtain grids.

They exist though. Select by the Id and you will see them there. They are a result of deleting portions of a curtain grid.

What you have to do is filter the elements by area prior to getting parameter values. Try this code block (still Dynamo-less so I can’t test for you):

List.Clean(
Panels.GetParameterValueByName("Area") > 0?
Panels:
null,
false
)

That should reduce the number of items by the number of ghost panels.

If you have complicated panel families you may want to change the ghost panels for an empty system panel.

Thanks Jacob, I’ll try that

Jacob,
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me. It’s been an education. It worked perfectly!

Good to hear. If your ghosts are ‘complicated’ panel families with a lot of parameters you may want to Code up a reverse filter so you can change them out for empty system panels. Had a job which had exponential performance increase by when I accidentally changed ghosts out like that. Purging out the panel families which were then unused made thugs even better. Best accident I ever made while scripting as it made things faster instead of crashing everything and showing me the ‘send the stupid mistake youhust made to github’ screen which is the normal result.