Revit Piles to topography

Hey all

Before i start i must mention i am very new to Dynamo and just trying to get used to it :slight_smile:

I have been bragging how great Dynamo is in my office and have been given a task.

We have a site model with 2 topographies, one for the ground surface and a lower one for Rock bed levels. We have 250+ Piles in the model and need the top of the piles to be at Slab level and the base of the piles to attach to the Rock level topography (varying distances from the slab level)

I know i can have piles move to be hosted to a topography (Without Dynamo), which attaches the base of the pile to the Rock bed topography, but there is no way i can see to then get the top of the Piles to be at the same Level (slab level)

Or, the way we do it just now is place all piles at slab level, then in section/elevation drag each one down individually to meet the rock bed level. Which takes AAAAGGGEEESSSS to accomplish and is extremely tedious and repetitive.

I don’t really need to use the Pile family’s we are using just now, as long as its a round pile family it will be fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all I’m not sure if Dynamo can even do this (i assume i can) and if it can i have no idea what nodes/code structure to use. I’m using Revit 2015 and i have v.0.8.1 Dynam0

Thanks in advance guys and ghals :slight_smile:

Look at my blogpost here:http://jbdynamo.blogspot.no/2014/11/last-post-about-topos-and-piles-forever.html?m=1

Thanks for this Jostein

Apologies, i have a limited knowledge of Dynamo, unfortunately I’m not really sure what the process to using it is. I get the top select must be for the pile families and the bottom select is for the topography, but nothing seems to happen in my file… i am no doubt doing it wrong haha.

If you have some time could you elaborate a bit more? Do you have a screen cast or a demo vid on how it works. Also, is this assumed on using an adaptive family as the “Pile”?

I’ve attached a very basic demo file, you will see what I’m trying to do. I want the top of the piles to be at the slab level and the base to attach down to the Topography below (like the ones shown, which have been done manually) Here it is Pile Stretch

Be amazing if i can Automate this

Cheers :slight_smile:

Edit: Updating missing files with files recreated in Revit 2020 and Dynamo 2.3

topoPile.rvt (1.4 MB)

topoPile.dyn (24.9 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks Vikram

This does exactly what im looking for. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I have same problem about you, could u resend the ‘Pile to Topo.dyn’ for me?

Hello,

I’m trying to use Dynamo for this exact same purpose and I wondered if you could resend the attachment?

Thanks
Hazel

@waytang1203 and @hazelXNNUT Updated the post above with files recreated in current versions.

Thanks Vikram

1 Like