Revit 2017.1 Dynamo player

Do you need the person to load custom nodes too in order to run the script?

Hi ,
Until the option of customized deployment of Dynamo Player is provided in a more friendly way , here is an workaround :
The “history” of DynamoPlayer and by “history” I mean last scripts folder used , window size and position is located here :
"c:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\dynamoplayer\User data\dynamoplayerinstance 1"
It is possible to see here more than one instance directory :
…\dynamoplayerinstance 2
…\dynamoplayerinstance 3
This happens if you are using multiple instances of Revit and DynamoPlayer.

You’ll just have to start the Player on your machine and chose your preferred folder and then close it.
At this point the history is saved under …\dynamoplayerinstance n.
Then you can copy the folder …\dynamoplayerinstance n on multiple machines under different users and they will all benefit from the initial history you prepared.
Make sure you don’t copy this file on your target path …\dynamoplayerinstance n\lockfile.
This file is used by the underlying platform Dynamo Player is based on to indicate that a particular instance is in use.
The lockfile is automatically created and deleted when DynamoPlayer starts and is closed.

Keep in mind that history is used on first come first served basis.
So first time you start Revit and Dynamo Player …\dynamoplayerinstance 1 will be used.
And the …\dynamoplayerinstance 2 for the second instance of Revit and Dynamo Player and so on.

You can also delete these instance folders if you want and “history” will reset itself to application default and DynamoPlayer will point to default scripts folder.
So I imagine someone could create all kind of scripts to control the history of multiple users and multiple instances on the same machine or different machines.

11 Likes

@Zach_Kron Sweeeet!

Ya, Bzz is Bogdan, developer on the Player. He knows of what he speaks.

2 Likes

Hi,
i tried to use a script on a face with dynamo player,
But it doesn’t work, always say “Run completed wit errors”.
This is the start node of the script.
Can someone help?

I created a node for this purpose (Node-Mode):

#Copyright (c) mostafa el ayoubi
#Node-mode www.data-shapes.net 2016 elayoub.mostafa@gmail.com

import clr

clr.AddReference('RevitAPI')
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import*
clr.AddReference('RevitServices')
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager
clr.AddReference('RevitNodes')
import Revit
clr.AddReference('RevitAPIUI')
from Autodesk.Revit.UI.Selection import ObjectType
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.Elements)
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.GeometryConversion)

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument
uidoc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentUIApplication.ActiveUIDocument
faces = []
dsfaces = []

faces.append(uidoc.Selection.PickObjects(ObjectType.Face))
for f in faces:
	for r in f:
		e = uidoc.Document.GetElement(r)
		dsface = e.GetGeometryObjectFromReference(r).ToProtoType(True)
		dsfaces.append(dsface)

OUT = dsfaces
8 Likes

Thanks for the trick.
Now its worked.

Having Dynamo Player in 2016 is a business decision . You can also start a thread on Revit Ideas forum http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302/tab/ost-recent to make this request more visible.

Why revit 2017.1 Dynamo Player button is grey.

Thanks

Now work, I removed the Dynamo 1.2 and installed it again.
It helped the problem.
Thank you

Hi mates

someone know why Dynamo players is unavailable from clipboard . I installed it again , but i couldn’t fix it

@LaCiOo7 I would suggest you check the revit build number to see that it matches the 2017.1 release build number, list of these are within the below link.

I coudn’t fix it . I checked the actual version, but I dind’t match the 2107.1 because It was unavailbable on Autodesk
Thank you

Log on here:
https://manage.autodesk.com
then navigate to Revit,click on it and look for the Updates windows.
There you will be able to find the update

1 Like

Hi, trying to use this in my script that creates existing ground lines on elevations from a topo. Dynamo player starts and you can select the topo, but after clicking finish. It dosnt perform the script. Would you know why?

I needed to use “list first item” node. Is there a Pick Model Elements for linked Revit files?

Hi @vanman

Could you please start a new thread? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good. I’ve ran into an issue. It seems that dynamo player automatically changes the setting from Automatic to Manual mode, which creates an issue if you have multiple triggers in the definition that need to be executed simultaneously. Is there a way to force dynamo player to keep the definition in Automatic mode when the play button is pressed?
Cheers,

@Charles Currently Dynamo Player always run in manual mode. There is no way to force it in Automatic mode but we will consider adding this option in the future.

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year! I’ve noticed improvements to the Dynamo Player on some recent tutorials published by Autodesk as overviews. Namely, the use of user inputs and Dynamo outputs (watch nodes) displaying directly in the Dynamo Player.

• Does anyone know where I can download the latest version of Dynamo Player to be used within Revit 2017?
  • Any thoughts on future improvements working on multiple versions of Revit?

Let me know!
-T