Replace cad blocks with revit links

uploaded picture is a cad file, which has three blocks named as a revit link1,2,3
using this cad as a reference how can we replace this cad blocks with revit links.

anyone can help me find the script ???

What have you tried so far?

I would run a data extraction on the cad instead of utilizing a link or import. Faster and keeps the Revit file clean.

This forum topic might also be of interest to you: Create Instances of linked Revit model on specified locations - #13 by Cristiano

may be u can understand by looking at this picture .
instead of revit family i need to use link revit model node .

there is a folder in my pc which is having 10 Revit models. I need to place them as a link instance with rotation by using cad as a reference.

Hi,

It doesn’t seem that easy and straight forward.
Hopefully this approach can help a little bit.
You could play around with these 3 nodes.

Steps:

1. Link the CAD instance
  2. Read out the layer curves
  3. Get the center point
    (It would be better to run the data extraction on the CAD as Jacob mentioned, but then you would need to adjust the points to your coordinate system)
  4. Link the Revit file
  5. Set its location

Hope it helps a bit :slight_smile:

Dear josip…

Thanks for the prompt response. I am pretty new to dynamo scripting. i have understand the steps u have mentioned. if possible can u share the one small example script relate to my input . Kind request if possible

I understand the need; did you review the link I sent? It shows the later half of your problem, positioning a link instance. There is a node in GeniusLoci for this as well if you want to avoid having to own/maintain/edit Python on your own.

The Orchid nodes certainly resolve both halves of the equation, but that package can be difficult to get onto systems so avoiding it may be a good thing.

Creating the link type is likely the missing part of the equation. If I can manage to free up some time before the Dynamo Office Hour I’m co hosting tonight I’ll post something here for that as well; perhaps even incorporating the coordinate system as desired.

1 Like

what is it Office hour today ? great ; where is calender for that ?

Teaming up with the team: Doing a Pull Request for Dynamo.

I have no idea on that front - but I do know you can register/attend here: Dynamo Office Hours - Teaming up with the Team - Autodesk Community

1 Like

This graph should achieve what you want in Revit 2024; for older builds some Python code may have to be edited.
Create Link Instance at Coordinate System.dyn (30.2 KB)