Locate Revit Links as per autocad drawing

hay all

i`m now working on a large project for about 500 villas
and there is a task for creating master model for all project contains the all villas .
and we have an autocad drawing for the master plan with the blocks of the villas
and also we have revit models for each type of the villas .

and the main model i need to work on is the master plan …

how can i link the revit models of each type of villas in the main model and make them located as per the auto cad drawing ??

can anyone help me to start this task ?? and working on it ??

Assuming the DWG is in good shape, and that the geometry of the file is within Revit’s limits, and that each villa is a block reference… In AutoCAD select them all and run the data extraction command. This can give you enough information in a CSV to build the coordinate system and type of each villa.

From there link your DWG in origin to origin in a new file, bring in the villa families or link types, and have Dynamo place villas in the file using the coordinates and villa type data from the CSV.

can u explain in graph please

No, as I don’t have the files or the time.

What have you tried so far?

1 Like

and how can i make dynamo put the same linked model in different places and different coordinates acoording to its block in autocad ?

This may help you get started, thoug some of that Python isn’t going to help too much. It can serve as a starting point though.

1 Like