Renumber Detail Item Label with Particular Sequence

Hi All

Trust you’re doing well.
I’m working on tiling layouts for a temple project.
To build the tiling on site we are dividing the pattern into a series of mats.
To show these mats on a drawing I’ve created a detail item (red in drawingTile Mat.rfa (328 KB) ) in Revit with a parameter called “Mat Label”
The issue I’m having is numbering this parameter in a particular order. I want the mats to be number from left to right starting from the top. I’ve seen a forum here in which this was done for beams.
How do I go about doing this for detail items?
Please see images and dyn file attached showing my attempt.
Thanks in advance. @Vikram_Subbaiah @jacob.small Mat Numbering.dyn (18.1 KB)

Well, your tiles are on a grid, and you have drawn the grid’s extents as dashed lines, so…

1. Get all of the tile families in this installation
  2. Pull the location of the tile mat elements.
  3. Select the top dashed edge of the overall installation with a select edge or select model element node and pull it’s curve.
  4. Get the distance from the edge to each tile point and round to a reasonable tolerance.
  5. Group the list of tiles (#1) by the associated distance to the top line (#4) with a List.GroupByKey node. You should now have a list of sublists of tile rows.
  6. Get the location of each tile - note that you will want to watch your list structure from here on to make sure that the depth stays @L3.
  7. Select the left dashed edge of the overall install using a select edge or select model element node and pull it’s curve.
  8. Get the distance from each of the grouped rows of tile location points to the left curve.
  9. Use a List.SortByKey node to sort the list of groups of tiles (#5) by the distance to the left line (#8). Set the list level to @L2 for both inputs.
  10. Flatten them list (unless you want to have a ‘row’ tag as well, in which do that step before you flatten anything).
  11. Build your mark value as desired (“”+(1..List.Count(n)); might be your goal).
1 Like

Thanks so much.
I’ll have a go. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks Jacob. For some reason this doesn’t work well when I use different family types so I had to change all to the same family type and use instance parameters to control width dimensions. Thanks again.

Here’s the dyn file. Mat Numbering.dyn (38.5 KB)

2 Likes