Rename multiple Family Types in Dynamo

Hello Everyone
Please can someone kindly help me to rename my Door types placed in Revit, with the help on dynamo.
I have tried SetTypeParameter node from from Archi-Lab package, and also the Element.SetName node but still to no avail.

I would like to rename all my doors and window types placed in my revit project to D1, D2, D3…and W1, W2, W3… respectively.

The SetTypeParamerter node works for the type Parameters but cannot rename the family type.

Please your solutions are highly welcome.
Thanks in advance

Can you post a quick screenshot of your attempt?

A single-element attempt seems to work, if it isn’t working for you it may have something to do with list management.

Rename_Doors_&_Windows_Type Names.dyn (30.9 KB)

Can you zoom in before exporting your screenshot? If zoomed out too far, the text headers on the nodes all vanish.

From what I can tell, you have a list 4 levels deep feeding into the Element input, and a list 3 levels deep feeding into the Name input. They should be identical list structures (number of elements plus ‘tiering’), or @L2 of the Element list should be 9 items, in order to work.

1 Like

Ok lemme get back to that. I was having difficulty in getting the level properly GroupByFunction node to be also 9 items

Problem Fixed with the help of @Robert_Younger idea.
I had to use the List.Map node to get a list of one instance of the Door Type in the Revit project.

Rename_Doors_&_Windows_Type Names.dyn (29.4 KB)

Thanks for th tips