Reading excel from cloud? ie Teams/Sharepoint

Anyone referencing Teams/Sharepoint hosted Excel?

Sync it to the local disc first with onedrive and it should go smoothly.

3 Likes

Try PowerAutomate- it is probably included in your Microsoft subscription.
You can create automated workflows to get/put data to a multitude of data sources including Sharepoint and Excel online

2 Likes

I’ve been referencing from my Onedrive and there hasn’t been any issues at all. Works wonderfully. The only downside is that there is a minor lag when it comes to executing file movements. Other than that, happy days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for some good info - these will work in a single user workflow but not from a multi-user. limitations i guess. we were hoping to have a single source file but then anyone could run a script from player and pull the updated data. OneDrive is a user specific location and the path would change…hmm I wonder if i can insert and join a different user name into the path…thanks for the ideas

Perhaps a solution similar to those listed here would work? Revit Render Assets on BIM360 – Parallax Team

In that case, a Sharepoint list might be a better option than Excel

As well as being a true multi-user application, there are other advantages such as tracking data changes, enforcing data types/integrity (someone can’t enter an invalid date in a date field or an empty value in a mandatory field), maintain data structure (someone can’t add a column which will screw up your Dynamo graph) etc etc

You can set up the Sharepoint list so that it resembles a spreadsheet

1 Like