Random Mullion selection

Ahh I see. It only allows one or the other, so when i add TakeEveryNthItem it removes the Mullion.ByElement connection

If you’re referring to the element plug on the right that also doesn’t connect haha

You don’t need the Mullion.ByElement connected to the input of SetParameterByName. The Mullion.ByElement node has every mullion in the project. If it is plugged into SetParameter, then they will all change.

Instead, what you want is only a set of random mullions changed, which you picked using the TakeEveryNthItem. That is why you plug TakeEveryNthItem into the Element input of the SetParameter node.

For this same reason, you plug TakeEveryNthItem into List.Count as well, because you only care about the amount of mullions you want to change.

As for the element slot on the right side of SetParameterByName, that is the ‘output’, which should contain all of the mullions you changed. For this, you don’t need to worry about it.

whatever happened to this? can someone post the final script? I keep getting an error that the operation failed, no parameter found my that name.

Parameter names are case-sensitive. You wrote “type” but the parameter is actually “Type”. Try making the t uppercase.

yep. that fixed it… thank you!
Any chance you have a graph for random panel widths and heights?

Sorry, I don’t even have the graph from this thread. If you want to try making it and get stuck, we can help you though.

Okay. Thanks! I’m starting to experiment and basically want to randomize the size of panels in a curtain wall. I think i can achieve it through deleting some of the grids in a curtain wall, but keep getting stuck or losing my train of thought because of interruptions from colleagues…