Query Adaptive Component

Short version:

Does anyone know how to query line elements from a set of placed adaptive components?

Long version:

I have created a based armature with Dynamo. I used this armature to place a series of adaptive components.

The adaptive component has several elements within them but is about 30% sweeps.

The other 70% is made up of lines that represent where W-Shape steel members need to go.

Since you can not put structural framing members within the adaptive component, I hoped I could query the adaptive components after they have been placed.

Then extract the lines into Dynamo and use Dynamo to place the framing elements.

However, I can’t figure out how to “look into” the adaptive component to use the lines.

Hi Alex,

Have you tried the “Element.Geometry” node?

2015-10-02_16-11-32

Thank you soo much! I was not aware of that node!

As follow up, do you know if there is a way to query values of these sub elements for sorting? (either by subcategory, visibility or custom parameter?)

I don’t believe it is. This node fetches only the graphical representation of the curve and none of its parametric information. You might be able to come up with something that does what you need with the help of the API, however nothing springs to my mind at this moment.

Thanks Again Dimitar…

I’ll look into it