QTO Formula

Hi,
Do you have any suggestions on how to automate the addition of formulas for quantity takeoff (QTO)? I have a list of formulas for each item in the QTO Manager, and I’m looking for a way to avoid manual entry due to frequent formula changes.
Thanks

The best way is to give relevant elements their method of measurement as well as a code that represents them, then using Dynamo or similar to calculate them by their rate/measurement. Without an object being told what it is or how it should be measured, QTO is generally not possible - you’re asking a program to do a task it isn’t really naturally built to achieve without our assistance/systemeization.

Here is some example videos showing how to set up a model/script for QTO (in Revit, but similar logic could apply in any data based platform where elements generate metrics):

Thank you for your response, but I meant QTO in Civil 3D software, not Revit.

Sure, so you will need to look into how you can store/extract data similarly. To my understanding C3D can be set up with attributes which would be a necessary step to support QTO. It’s all just lines and shapes otherwise.