Create and asign property value with Dynamo

Hi all,
I am new to Dynamo in Civil 3D, I am more of a revit person :slightly_smiling_face: I have a model of duct banks in 3D Solids which I need to prepare estimation for in linear meter. The only dimension parameter I see in Civil 3D is in volume. Is there a way to use Dynamo to create a property that will extract the linear dimension from the 3D Solid? Thanks

Hola Amigo @solomon.boateng1 buenas. there are quite a few nodes to request information on both AutoCAD and C3D elements, you will have to explore a bit on the types of native elements of C3D: Aligments, Features Lines, Profiles, Corridors, Asemblies, etc. I suggest you download the Civil3DToolkit package it has many useful nodes to work with C3D, Welcome to the comunity!!
I let you an example to get information, i hope that will be usefull!!

Gracias @gilberto.arechigaiba I have been able to calculate the length. My question now is how to assign the values to a property in Civil 3D. I have created a property set and named it Length. I want to assign the values in Dynamo to this property.

@solomon.boateng1
Believe this should work:

This is the error I get when I feed with the value

You are trying to feed a double (decimal number) into a string (text). Convert to a string by first using the “String from Object” node.

Amigos buenas, Now I understand better what they intend to do, in fact I agree with @RJ23 The Property.SetVaule node needs in the Value parameter a String data, The workflow proposed by @james.blenkinsop seems correct for what you intend to do, (personally I think you are complicating the life, personally I would make dynamic blocks with attributes to store the information, or directly use native elements of C3D) just 3 more tips:

1. If you are going to customize properties do not use the same name of an existing default property or use a prefix e.g… RE_Length or ARCH_Length.
  2. Verify that your lists of information and objects have the same depth to match your data.
  3. Use another property and baptize each solid, this will allow you to audit if the information corresponds to the object.
    Good luck!