Import/Export Civil 3D Property Set Data with Formulas

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone been able to import/export Property Set Data without losing formulas? I’ve tried using the Dynamo examples (CSV and JSON) and also the SHP Import/Export utility, and the formulas in the Source column are always lost.

I’ve also tried manually editing an XML and changing the DataType to ‘Formula’, and adding a ‘Source’ line, but it is not recognized.

Maybe this isn’t possible because one of the nodes in the Dynamo examples reads ‘property sets with formulas may require manual adjustment’.

Or is there something I’m missing?!

Thanks,
Mike

Hi
My language is bad so
Can you attached example drawing
And you explain through picture What you lose from information

If you can’t attach here then you can use another file hosting service, such as box, dropbox, onedrive, google drive, etc…

Hi,

I actually figured out an alternative solution. If you copy a block into a DWG that contains a property set, everything will come through with it.

Thanks for your reply,
Mike

Yes, I can confirm that it works fine.
We use that in some Water and Sewage project where we have a scr-file that insert a dwgfile with the property set into it. After insert the script explode the block and after that it remove the block so that the only object that remains in the new file is the property set.

If you create a dynamo graph that updates the property set, then you can add the command AECCRUNDYNAMOSCRIPT and the path to the graph into the scr file and the dynamo graph will be run within the scr-file.

Remember to insert FILEDIA 0 in the beginning of the scr-file and everything will be fine, and end the scr-file with FILEDIA 1 :slight_smile:

Hi Patrick,

That sounds like a great workflow. Nice idea with exploding the block and then removing it. Thankfully for my workflow I actually need the block as well as the property sets, so I won’t have to remove it!

I haven’t got to writing the script for inserting the block and updating the property sets yet, but I will be using AECCRUNDYNAMOSCRIPT in there. Thanks for the reminder of the FILEDIA. It’s been a while since I’ve had to use that!

The tricky part of all this is going to be getting it running on a folder of DWGs…!

1 Like

At my company we have a separate batch function. I think it is based on something crested by Lee Mac long time ago.
By using this with the scr file we can run the dynamo script on one or several selected files.