Python to exe

Hello, how are you, I have a query, can you change the .dyn files to .exe? Dynamo is very extensive and can be used, for example, in word, it would not be necessary to enter dynamo itself and execute it, it would be more practical from an exe file, I also have installed DynoSnapper.
would there be any way to make our .exe files?

import clr
clr.AddReference('System.Drawing')
clr.AddReference('System.Windows.Forms')

from System.Reflection import Assembly
from System.Windows.Forms import Form
from System.Drawing import Icon

iconFilename = r'C:\Users\D\OneDrive\Escritorio\rk\Example.ico'
icon = Icon(iconFilename)

form = Form()
form.Text = "Hello World"
form.Icon = icon
form.Show()

OUT = form

Hi @Christhian,

Why would you like to Convert a .dyn into an .exe?

The nice thing about Dynamo is that it is easily modifiable and you can share graphs. When a graph does not work for someone they can open it and rewire a few nodes to make it work for them.

If you want to “Secure” your Dynamo code you should not really use Dynamo. You should head to actual Addins written in pure code.

Short anwser is no, you cannot convert a dyn graph in an .exe. There are Revit addins around which let you run Dynamo graphs from the Revit ribbon. Kind of Dynamo player but directly from a ribbon.

EDIT: The Title says Python to exe, but you are asking for Dynamo files (which is not python)
If you mean Python code to exe and using it in Dynamo, that is a whole different and harder topic

5 Likes

If you want to make exes and programs outside dynamo you will need to learn C/visual studio most likely. Much harder than dynamo, training wheels will be off entirely.

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you very much for all the answers, now I’m a little more clear