Python Script Notes / "List.Create" and Boolean Toogles deleted from Dynamo-File when opening on VMWare

Hi,
I´ve got a problem with my custom Python-Nodes. I´ve got a script and used it for syntax-building and some other little list-sorting operations.

The problem occurs on a Virtual Machine. On this one (Iron Python 2.7 is installed) all my Python scripts disappeared from the Dynamo File. The Node “List.Create” and all Boolean Toogles dissapear, too.

Did anyone run into a similar problem and/or has a solution for this problem?

Haven’t seen it - can you share an example of before and after?

This is the script on my computer:
Before

This is the same script, started on a virtual machine:

All Python Scripts, “List.Create” and all Boolean Toggles are deleted from the script in my virtual environment… The strange thing is, that I can create all these Nodes again in the script and use it. When I save the file all this info is saved and I can access it from my “normal” computer. When I reopen the script on my virtual machine, the nodes are gone again.

This may be an issue with the virtualization being used, and it’d be negligent to not point out the obvious possible issue there - see the note at the bottom of the page here.

Can you provide the DYN from the non-virtualized system so that we can review the contents? Then try rebuilding the graph in the virtual environment and see if the nodes ‘stick’ in both the virtual environment and the standard one. The first test will allow us to confirm it’s related to the virtualization (anyone who opens the graph will have all nodes), and the second will confirm if it’s a one way issue or if it’s persistent on any opening of the graph in your non-standard environment.

This is my example file :slight_smile:
ExampleFile.dyn (32.9 KB)

I recreated the script on my VM and could start it on my normal computer. When I reopened it on the VM the nodes “Boolean Toggle” and “Python Scripts” were gone again. Seems to be a problem with the opening process of the .dyn File… When I create the script in Dynamo and start it from there on my VM it works fine.

(I´m on holidays for one week and may not answer immediately)

@Jannis do you have pyRevit installed on this VM? update to the latest version.

1 Like

Thank you :wink: This solved my problem instantly :slight_smile: