Python Nodes Disappeared

Hello everybody!
Long time no see.
I worked on a Dynamo graph (Dynamo 2.02, Revit 2018) which included 2 Python nodes.
Everything works perfectly.
I run the graph in Dynamo player. Nothing happens.
I open the graph again to see that the Python nodes and all the input nodes (strings, numbers and Category selection) have disappeared.
Gone. My graph is crippled now.

Any thoughts on that? Why did it happen? How to prevent it in the future?

Hi @viktor_kuzev

Hope your doing well :slight_smile:

Yeah i noticed OP talking something similar issues. I would suggest try using dynamo 2.0.1 for the meantime until Dev team fixed this issue in next release.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Kulkul and thanks for replying

I was actually planning to do it in Dynamo 1.33, but it also wasn’t working properly ever since I installed 2.02.

this sounds like it could be a json.net issue. Are there any green notifications mentioning json.net when you open the graph, any messages in the console, did you install any addins lately?

No messages about json, but now that I ran the broken graph and looked at the messages I got a bunch of those:

The archilab messages can likely be ignored. I would look for newtonsoft json.net

Did you see any errors in the dynamo console?

Well there some, but I’m not sure what I’m looking for. Still no json.net related errors.
There are several of those:
connector b81b87c1-245f-4e70-a3b6-0abea0b45c1b could not be created, start or end port does not exist

This graph has a nodeview with id:5b8f4412-2fea-4a42-8ad9-3504df2f7396 and name:Boolean, but does not contain a matching nodeModel

It is likely one of the following assemblies loaded the incompatible version:

Dynamo has detected a conflict with a dependency and may be unstable. If any issues are detected, please uninstall addins or packages and contact the provider.: _
_ While loading assembly Rhynamo, Version=2018.11.26.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, Dynamo detected that the dependency Rhino3dmIO, Version=6.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null was already loaded with an incompatiable version. It is likely that another Revit Addin has loaded this assembly, please try uninstalling other Addins, and starting Dynamo again. Dynamo may be unstable in

I would look at the json and determine if it has been corrupted or if the graph is just not loading correctly.
for example try searching the .dyn file for 5b8f4412-2fea-4a42-8ad9-3504df2f7396 and see if the node looks okay and has the correct output ports etc.

You might also try posting the .dyn here or opening it on another machine to see if its the graph or a system issue.

Thanks for helping me with that, Michael.
Well I thought if it’s messed up on my computer it should be messed up in general. But here it is: try1.dyn (71.8 KB)
And here it’s how it looks like for me:

UPDATE: Problem persists on any version of Dynamo 2.**
Uninstalling PyRevit seems to solve it.
However there should be a way to use both.

I believe this was fixed in latest version of pyRevit.

Have the same problem. Uninstalling PyRevit didn’t help. Also had the latest version of PyRevit.
I uninstallaed/installed Dynamo for Civil, but no improvement.
Any other idea?

if you’re using civil, I believe this is fixed in their beta builds.

Im using version 13.2.890.0 Autodesk Civil 3D 2020. So its not a beta.
I also have Revit 17-20 and Dynamo for Revit 1.3/2.1/2.2.

Is the issue present in Dynamo for Revit, Dynamo for Civil3D, Dynamo Sandbox, or all of the above?

The error appears only in Dynamo for Civil.

As @Michael_Kirschner2 pointed out, the development team has a possible fix for you in the active beta builds. Perhaps coming with the next update if you don’t want to beta test.

Ah ok, i will wait for the normal update.

1 Like