Push Room Name into Wall Parameter

Hi everyone !
I want to push the Room Name into the 0_MurExterieur Walls new Parameter that I created Mur_NoBoite (I use Revit R23). I want to use the Wall Interior Finish (Material Name 0P00_GypseTypeX) to clash with the Room because I know that if 2 Rooms touch the Wall, no information will appear (the Exterior Face always touches another Room, either a BOÎTE, either EXTÉRIEUR) and the information that I want will be given by the Interior Finish. I worked some Dynamo script but I don’t know how to have only the Wall Faces by the Material I want and to connect all together. Does someone know how to do so? Thank you very much for your help and time!

0_MursSelonRoom.dyn (134.2 KB)

Hello, here is a research direction with Genius Loci package (you will need to install DynamoIronPython 2.7 ver 2.5)
Some nodes are coded with this engine.

Sincerely
christian.stan

Thank you very much @christian.stan !
Is it possible for you to send me in private the image, it’s not really visible for me from this site and I want to try that solution :frowning:

1 Like

here is the script, the offset of the contour line of the part to intercept the axis line of the finishing layer must be entered manually here ((0.005m), 10mm plaster layer)
There is a way to get it with thickness of layers (not use)
reponse 26 Mars 2024.dyn (42.1 KB)

Sincerely
christian.stan

1 Like