Push area data into a families

I have created a generic family to schedule apartments and need to be able to schedule the apartment areas in the same schedule.

Has anyone had success with pushing areas into a family?

I’ve pushed area data into rooms and rooms into areas across two different revit models, so what you ask is doable. Give it a shot and post what you come up with and/or where you get stuck.

Thank you Jacob. Its good to know it should be doable, but since I am new to Dynamo it will be interesting to see how i go. Any tips would be appreciated.

Well I cant’ give you specific help because I don’t know the specifics of your situation. Instead here is my advice to anyone who is new to Dynamo.

1. Run through the primer first.At least once. Maybe twice if you feel confused by some part of it.
  2. Set manageable goals and milestones by breaking graphs into sections - I need to do this, then this, then that and map your process out on paper.
  3. Don’t use a undeveloped script on an actual project until you’re comfortable with it.
  4. Save both your revit documents and your dynamo work often.
  5. Use custom nodes, but open them all up to see how they work before you do so.
  6. Don’t try to roll things out all at once.
  7. Don’t be afraid to fail.
  8. Invest a weekend each to learn some Design Script and Python.
  9. When you get REALLY stuck, come here and ask for help.**
  10. When asking for help always provide more than a tweet’s worth of data for us to look at. More than anything else please, please, please do this.