Property Sets not working on multiple solids with C3D toolkit package

Hi everyone.
I am approaching the subject of creating property sets directly in Dynamo.

Using the C3D Toolkit package, PropertySetsExtentions, I was able to create 4 PropertySetsDefinitions, each with the same list of properties, to associate with 4 different elements of my model (elements A, B and C, are single solids, element D is a moltitude of solids).
For each element there will be different property values.

This part of the graph seems to work, in fact property sets are created and it is also possible to associate them with solids extracted from my corridor.

Next, I select from the drawing the solids to which I want to associate the property sets. In addition, via the Object.AddPropertySet node, the graph correctly assigns the corresponding property sets to all solids.
Then, I use the PropertySetsExtensions.SetPropertyValueByName node to assign values to properties contained in the property sets already assigned, and this works when the single property set to be updated refers to a single solid.

The problem arises when I want to associate PropertyValues to the properties contained in the already associated property sets of Element D, that is 999 solids. No matter how I set the lacing, I never get what I need, which is that each solid has the same property set, with the same properties, and each property a different value within the same solid but not the same element (Element D).

So, I thought there might be a way to define the property values along with the definition of the property sets, but I can’t do it.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Should the node at the bottom left be longest instead of xxx or are you saying you already tried that? I’d suggest sharing the full script.

Thank you @KirkWM for your intervention. I actually tried every kind of lacing: auto, shortest, longest, cross.

I don’t understand why the graph works till the last node - I mean, it is just the last node that does not work as it should

How many item are in the output? Last week I had to do some trial and error for this as well. For me auto lacing did the job, but you shuold check the list levels as the setup can depend on your input data structure

1 Like

Grasping at straws but, perhaps for the flagstones, are there unequal lists of properties and property values?

Hi @mattia.intignano,
I use this graph on projects of our clients:

It was used on multiple projects where were hundreds of 3D solids in dwg file.
It is only about list management. I use List.OfRepeatedItem and List.Chop nodes here.