Civil3d Property sets with dynamo

Hello mates, I would like to know how to Export/import/ create/ change property sets of civil3d elements, specially solid property sets.
Is it possible to create them in excel, or other way and then bring them into civil 3d model, as we proceed in Revit?
Thank you
Javier

This is the 9th sample in the ‘samples’ folder which comes with Dynamo for Civil 3D.

1 Like

Thank you Jacob, I watched it, but this example is not as clear as I expected. Maybe some video tutorial can explain better how it works specially the .JSON file. I will follow investigating and hopefully in AU Autodesk might be some contribution according to some real road problem.
If you have some example or description it would be great to share!
Thank you very much
Best regards.
Javier

Have a look here

3 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,
is it possible to change the Dump/Update property set scripts? Currently the scripts accept only CSV file with double quotations, excel doesn’t handle well this thing.
Thanks.

hi Paolo, thanks for sharing the videos.
But I have a problem when I will update the propertyset
show this warning

IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 27, in
File “C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2020\Dynamo\samples\Data\AutoCAD\pset\pset_utils.py”, line 161, in update_ps_values_csv
SystemError: Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1
Ok, I saw again the video and, you all right, NOT use the excel for change the property! Now it works

But i used the excel, I change the csv before on notepad, I put a 'in the handle number like this: " '60E8DD", and I when finished I took it off the ( ’ )

Thks

Good morning, it’s possible to enter values or update property/sets directly from dynamo lists? Thanks.

Hi Paolo and thanks for all the interesting inputs and valuable support.
I followed the entire video but i am facing an issue related to the lists; starting with the very first script the “List”: null is not exported under my JSON file and when i do have a list (under List Definitions) it does not exported as well.
You can verify the above mentioned under the below snapshot.
Do you have any idea on what goes wrong…?

Hello @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

I am using Civil 3D 2021 and the Civil 3D Toolkit v1.1.19.
When I use nodes to edit Property Sets, the program does not export the edited properties to IFC file, during exporting 3D solids. There are just the sets that were added to the 3D solid by exporting from corridor.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thank you.

1 Like

No I had not this problem.

Thank you for reporting this, I was able to reproduce, it will be fixed in the next release. Strangely the DWG export did not show this issue during tests.

3 Likes

Hi

I have the same issue as Dimitrios using the samples provided with C3D, the lists are not exported with the rest of the property set information. Is there a solution to this?