Project Internal Point

Hi @shahrasa,

I’m afraid, as far as I’m aware, it is not possible to modify the internal origin whatsoever, I believe this point is static and has to be as I think this is where Revit bases all its internal geometric and graphical calculations from using the other base points xyz data in the internal transformation matrix to give give you the correct coordinate values.

An observation is that, when clipped, by setting the coordinates of the project base point this will keep the project base point and internal origin in the same location but move the survey point. When unclipped, the PBpt will move away from the internal origin. Knowing this behaviour, you may be able to create a script to test each model and move the user modifiable base points to a coordinated location, however moving the geometry is definitely not the way to go. It’s expensive from a time-to-do perspective and extremely unreliable, for instance, how would you validate all the elements have moved correctly for 100 models? Just saying.

I know it’s silly to say now, but having a rigorous BIM execution plan stipulating the model setup from day one is very important. You wouldn’t have this problem.

I recently posted a useful script to help understand where your base points are in this post. You will need to figure out the rest though, this just tells you their respective coordinates (including internal origin point). This may help you understand what you need to do…

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like