Move the Internal Project Origin keeping geometry in same place than before

Hello, is there a way in Revit to move the internal project origin keeping the geometry in same place than before moving it?

I do not want to think that the only solution is moving the entire project things and views, I am open to see alternatives available in the software.

Before Revit 2020 I was able to do it with the clips of project points I guess, but now all gone.

Thats a sensetiv topicā€¦ ā€¦when you mess up Projectorigin, you can just move all Elements to the desiered place including 2D-Elements.
!Never Ever detach Project Base Point!

2 Likes

@Draxl_Andreas ā€¦the best advice :wink:

But a have seen in Dynamo where they actuelly relocate all componentā€¦think Orchid package had a way to do that

1 Like

You are right, @sovitek.

Link to his blogpost below.

@ruben.romero Read through it carefully before you apply :wink:

2 Likes

I would like to know how is possible, thanks

well, I know that option, but I want to avoid it and wanting to do the same without using Dynamo magic move, also that script is not complete as many other type of elements would not be moved, then so dangerous operation

I guess you should really post this at the Revit Help Forum then :wink:

1 Like

then its only manuel move !!!

I saved again and again 3D and 2D Elements and saved the sets.
finally i moved it!
I had this nightmare in a sofistcaded project 6 years ago. The file never healed from this process completly! but we were able to deliver! We had a dislocation of 5m.
How to solve in dynamo you should test Orchid packagesā€¦

KR

Andreas

2 Likes

is stilll the best advice hereā€¦hehehe

1 Like

Moving elements is the only way to do so - manually or via Dynamo. And yes, it will almost certainly break stuff.

1 Like

@jacob.small - Just got to Ware Malcomb - have the same issue on several projects shifting to a requirement for alignment on the ā€œInternal originā€. I found this on Orchid but havenā€™t tried it yet:

1 Like

Not advice from before still holds:

Ideally you donā€™t move stuff relative to the project origin, as things like views (or the stuff they contain) tend to get nuked as you canā€™t do it all in one transaction. If done early and you donā€™t care about sheets/views too much, then itā€™s fairly easy but itā€™s likely quicker to link the file into a new .rvt, set the location, and bind it. Then generate new views/sheets as needed.

1 Like

Preachinā€™ to the choir brother ; )

I am emphasizing it in all the projects (I can get ahead of) to start exactly on the internal origin! All ā€œmyā€ ā€œCore templatesā€ has that (A)(1) ā€˜starterā€™ grid on that location. ā€œDo it right the first timeā€ will be the mantra moving forward.

Meantime we have old projects ideally we currently cannot /save-as/ to start our templates for that one previously invisible and seemingly innocuous little origin point. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Old tread perhaps.
But yes there is a way to move elements relative to internal without using ā€œMoveā€.
Including 2D elements all in one go.

Only problem is you have to do it with a couple of rotations back and forth using ā€œRotate Project Northā€.
Which im sure will generate its fair share of warnings depending on project size.

You will end up with elements in the original rotation (As if not rotated).
But moved relative to internal origin.

Its not appearant how it would need to be rotated to only move it a fixed distance.
But there is no ā€œrandomnessā€ involved here so it should be possible to figure it out.

1 Like