Problems with "StructuralFraming.ColumnByCurve"

Hello everyone

I am creating circular columns in Revit through polylines. The Dynamo sequence shows a warning on the “StructuralFraming.ColumnByCurve” node and not complete the creation of the element in Revit. I have problems to solve.

Nodes sequence was provided by Jeff Shaver I through this community. Thanks Jeff.

Please your help.

David

problems_columns_1

David,

My apologies if the image from my other post was unclear I realize now the format makes it difficult to read the node paths.

It looks like the “CoordinateSystem.ByOrigin” node in your definition is setting the column height to the Y axis, this should point to the Z, while X and Y remain 0. (assuming columns are exactly vertical)

You get a hint of this if you notice the geometry preview in your background shows the curve flat instead of vertical.

2015-01-22 - DynamoBim - Post01

Jeff:

You’re right. The connection of the variable “z” is incorrect. Corrected and now works fine. Is it possible that this sequence of nodes can operate for rectangular columns ?.

In Revit I use the unit meters and Dynamo I have configured “Leght Display Unit” in meters, but the Revit elements are created in feet. What could be the problem?

Thanks.