Problems with rebar

Hello guys,

I have generated some simple concrete floors in which i would like to introduce some rebar. Since I have calculated the type of rebar and how many i want to insert into the structural floor in Excel, I was trying to develop a dynamo routine that would put them in place automatically. I think i have successfully inserted one rebar in the floor, although in the REVIT model it appears to be applied only the line I created and not the rebar in itself, since I cant select it. Plus it has a weird blue coloring that doesn’t match the rebars i have generated through other dynamo routines i borrowed, making me believe that only the line was created and not the rebar.

I used the Dynamo for rebar package’s node Rebar.by.curve and i am aware that the “Vector” parameter is empty, but since the line is already made i guess the vector isn’t needed (…?). Is that it what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you so much, in advance.

The blue line is a preview in Revit of the geometry created in Dynamo. The rebar is not created because you are missing the last input in the rebar node. Note that the nodes header is light grey, that mean that not all inputs are connected.

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply. It’s what i feared then, because if i put in a vector the node doesn’t run.

Hi @MargaridaMB

Convert line to Curve using Curve.ApproximateWithArcAndLineSegments node and hopefully you will be fine.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, it solved the problem indeed. Now that we’re here, and I don’t want to abuse your kindness, is it possible to make the annoying blue line disappear from the REVIT model?

You can turn off the Revit preview here:

3 Likes

You could turnoff the Revit Preview under Background preview settings:

Edit: Looks like i and @Nick_Boyts replied at the same time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It worked again. Thank you so much @Kulkul, @Nick_Boyts and @Einar_Raknes for your availability and patience. :blush:

Best regards,

Margarida