Problems with copying views from linked model

Hi,

So I’m trying to create a script that will copy views from a linked model into a current model. I feel like I’ve gotten far, but the script seems to have some problems.

Basically the script won’t create any views. It seems to create the first two views and then it stops giving me the following error message in the CopyElementsFromLinkedDocument nodes:

*Warning: Documents.CopyElementsFromLinkedDocument operation failed. *
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Material, bool)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.FamilyInstance, bool)’

I’m quite new to Dynamo so I might have missed a obvious thing.

I’ve attached an image of the script.

Please comment if you have a solution or any sort of comments to the script. As told I’m quite new.

Your screenshot doesn’t show the name of the boxes, please zoom in a bit and/or upload your script. Also which packages and custom nodes are you using?

2 Likes

My bad - new screenshot below.

I’m using the Rhythm package.

What is the output of the last List.FilterByBoolMask node? Otherwise your graph seems ok.

Maybe ask rhythm’s developer: @john_pierson

The output is the views.

It’s a list of list, what happens if you add a list.flatten?

Why the error doesn’t show up in this last screenshot?

You can’t copy a floor plan view from one model to another. Live views will not work. That node can work for drafting views though.

2 Likes

I´m trying to this scripts works with 3d views, cameras and section. (I´m not interesting in copy plan views) I´ve tried with the Rhythm, archi-lab, Springnodes and SteamNodes but I can´t make it works.
I´m So frustrated
I´ll wait
Thanks everybody

:point_up:

I’m aware of it not being able to mirror a view. What I’m looking for is to copy the exact graphics and crop of the view. Isn’t this possible?

An example could be to copy the area plans for different apartments from the architectural model to the mechanical model. I was looking to automatically do this as it takes a lot of time to crop a view.

Use Scope boxes? No Dynamo needed.