Print PDF and export DWG

Hello Dynamo Friends :slight_smile:

I make my first steps at printing PDFs with Dynamo.
I´m using the archilab nodes and encounter the same problem, whatever PDF-Printer i use.
When printing a save-menu-popup from the PDF Printer opens and asks me for thze file path, that i have already given as input in the archilab node.

I tried 6 different PDF printers, it´always the same. I cant install anything else at the company PC.
There is no way to batch print like that :confused: Is there anything i can do to solve this problem?

Kind regards!

You will probably need to change the print settings in your print driver in control panel. This usually needs admin level access so if IT cant help you, we cant either unfortunately.

1 Like

Hello @GavinCrump, thanks for your reply.

Ok, so now i testet at home, loaded the eDocPrintPro to look up wich setup that is i have to find.

So i have to use PDF drivers that allow such a “print without dialog”.

I will try if i can change that setting at the office computer, or maybe i can use the driver on my home pc when I´m in homeoffice, logged in via VMWare to my office computer.

1 Like

Adobe pdf should work that way, or biopdf if you need a free one.

1 Like

We have PDF-Xchange, i found the save without dialog option and i could activate it on the company computer, no admin rights neccessary, everything works fine now :slight_smile:

1 Like

So please let me add an additional question.
When trying to export DWG with the nodes from @Alban_de_Chasteigner i encounter the following error.
What am I doing wrong?

Hi Gerhard,
Remove the Document.Current input. It is not necessary and returns a wrapped Dynamo Document and not a Revit API document.

1 Like

Hello Alban,

Strange, I only plugged that one in because it didn´t work without a document input, so I just wanted to try that. Now it works perfect, did something wrong before maybe .

Thanks for you help :slight_smile:

PDF24 and PDFCreator also have this function for free (Just wanted to add since i see multiple users wonder about what printers work without a filename)