Pre-defined options for manual string input

I have written a graph which creates sheets and sets sheet parameter values.

I have two problems to make this thing more user friendly and ready to be implemented in the office:

1. In Dynamo player the user needs to input drawing size to create sheets of a specific size from an overall sheet list (this is to align titleblock families to sheet sizes). Is there a way to create something like a drop-down menu with pre-defined string inputs like A1, A2, A3 e.t.c. options for the user? Currently using standard String node as an input.

2. Titleblock selection is done through Family Types node, it gives user a choice of all family types in the project. Can the list be filtered to only show titleblock families? Titleblock families have distinctive type names so it’s not an issue to filter this down the graph, however I want this to happen at the very input.

If anybody has the answers you will really help me to write a perfect script!

Thanks,
Misha

for

1. Try using Multiple input form ++ node from data shape.
  2. There is a node that out puts all title block in a document I am not able to remember the node name but you could find out with a google in case if you don’t get it just use all elements of category with title block category
1 Like

I would agree with @saju_autodesk that Data Shapes is the way to go.
You can also just use All Elements Of Type with Title Block from the Types node to get titleblocks as well.

1 Like

Will need to understand how this package works, but I can definitely feel that you put me on the right track.

Thanks a lot guys!

I believe these are the nodes that they are reffering to >

2 Likes

Thanks guys, all worked with Data Shapes, the graph now has a decent UI!

You’re welcome. You can mark the post as Solved it did helped you.