Polygon Insertion and Rotation

I am trying to sweep a polygon along 3d polyline. How do I nominate an insertion point and set the rotation of the polygon?

Hi, why Subassembly composer subassembly or subassembly from polyline and corridor is not solution?

1. Draw the profile at the origin, on the XY plane.
  2. Use a Curve.CoordinateSystemAtParameter to pull the coordinate system at parameter 0 on the path.
  3. Use a Geometry.Transform node to put the profile on the coordinate system which is at the start of the path.
  4. Pass the profile onto the sweep node and progress from there.

I might have the wrong plane to draw the profile on, so if after you transform them geometry it looks perpendicular to your curve try the YZ or XZ as applicable.

We use OpenRoads not C3D so I’m looking into alternative workflows. I may explore SAC linked to dynamic featurelines in future. Thanks

Can you explain little bit more, do you want to combine OpenRoads and Dynamo or just test out Dynamo for Civil 3D as a alternative for OR?

Hi Jacob, I have updated the script as suggested and there are errors on output, attached is the working script.
Sweep Test.dyn (36.5 KB)

We works with with both design packages in our office. Some of the design team work with C3D and others with OR. We already have established routines where the alignments and surfaces are shared out of OR via xml to produce the plan and profile drawings and for the drainage team to work with the surface inside of C3D. For this one, I was exploring whether I could develop scripts to be able to model different barrier types (w-beam, concrete barrier etc.) Ultimately, the barrier script would run of a featurelines dynamically linked to the OR surface.

1 Like

Cool,
We have similar issues when we design Pipe networks in C3D and rail earthwork in OR.

I hope this video can help you with SAC [Video] Lukas D. on LinkedIn: #subassemblycomposer #civil3d #graitec #autodesk #platinumpartner…