Placing Anchors, many of them :)

Hi Folks, this is my first post out here. All thanks in advance for all the support I will get and maybe I cant respond to anyone, so also a big excuse if this might happen.

I have a huge excavation where i shall place anchors and rock bolts and also drainage pipes. all together there will be around 80.000 pieces to be placed. The excavation is very complex, so there is no real copy-paste pattern available.

I did following approach:

1 all excavation surface in Civil3D
2 placed all anchors, dowels, drainage in layout and shifted to correct z value
3 created PSet with attributes like name, rotation value, zone, length, inclination vertical, rotation horizontal, etc.)
4 skripted a dyn package where i get a CSV with all PSets and XYZ and rotation values
5 exported excavation as solid body to revit
6 created a dynamo script to place the anchors

so far so good, but it took me a big while to create 2-3. Also 6 is not really working, as the family rotates strange, I think the family itself is also somehow wrong.

My question to all of you, I am also willing to pay for that script !! Just message me as I need the model till thursday, so 2 scripts are needed.

1. script:
    the points shall be lifted automatically to the selected surface and the point rotation from north shall be evaluated. Z we get automatically, but the rotation from north must be implemented into my PSet. The rotation of the surface (there must be a way to get this) in top view +90 degree (drilling rotation).

2. script:
    placing anchors accordingly from point information

• XYZ insertion
  • rotation from north
  • vertical inclination from horizontal
  • length
  • type
  • name

who can help me out? any interest?

The forum generally isn’t a ‘do my job for me’ resource. I doubt you will get someone to do this for you by Thursday as they’d need to get their head around your workflow as well. Look on Fiver and LinkedIn as well maybe.

For lifting points, look into Dynamo’s raybounce utility. It can generally be used to find a projected point on given categories. Data Shapes has a nice custom node for this.

For the second stage, a majority of this will be setparameterbyname if this in Revit. If your XYZ’s need to be converted from internal > shared then look into Genius Loci which has point conversion nodes. RE rotation generally this can be done using the SetRotation node for family instances upon placement.

Hope that helps, but I wont be looking to build these scripts.

1 Like