Points of my curve are not in order, what happend here?

Hello,

i want to create a curve pased on points (centerpoints of family instances). it creates a random line, why?
how can i avoid that?

KR

Andreas

Are you sure that your family instances were created in that order?

@oliwerkulpa ,it is a facade with panales, i can`t access my families via Element.Location+. so i used solid.centroid. The “order” is ruled by the host

I understand. However, it looks as though changing panel type introduces new instance id.

1 Like

Apologies. It is related to the Revit itself and how it creates curtain walls. If I create a straight curtain wall, panels are in order. For some reason curvy curtain wall is built from endpoints to inside.

1 Like

@oliwerkulpa , is there a solution?

final aim is to place a view “normal” to the facade surface… panal by panel …

it is a regualar working process…

maybe i try to aviod this process, can i create instead a point in offset to a point ?

is there a baseline of a curtian wall, that i can access?

Have you tried any algorithm, e.g. traveling salesman algorithm? There is a node from Sparrow package, for Revit 2021. See here

@oliwerkulpa ,

it looks better… maybe i have to separate each curtian wall, and not taking all walls

1 Like

Definitely, add another layer of grouping before and it will be neat!

Hi @Draxl_Andreas,

Maybe you can use this to filter your centerpoints.
You only have to pick a logical position for your referencepoint.

2 Likes

@MJB-online ,

that works, to difine some kind of start!

1 Like

Can you explain the final result?
Are you trying to “number” the panels based on a specific order?

I’d use the Wall.Location to get the curve and then the center point to order them along that path

creating section, next step is creating views according to the panels @Daniel_Hurtubise

Then my solution is still valid :slight_smile:
You can use the vector at tangent to get the perpendicular view

1 Like