Ordering point after curve deconstruct polycurve (curtain panel boundaries)

I have a question regarding the scheduling of curtain wall panel points following the order.

bug or logic?

thank you

Fred

![large2|677x500]

What is your question?

1 Like

the second files

You have lists 0 and 4 selected in the node preview, so it’s showing you the items in list 0 ([0,0,0], [0,0,1], [0,0,2], and [0,0,3]) and the items in list 4 ([4,0,0], [4,0,1], [4,0,2], and [4,0,3]). Your panels seem to be labeled 0-4 from left to right with points number 0-3 in a counterclockwise direction. I believe the points are numbered in the order they are placed/created.

1 Like

hi there,

Why this numbering difference for curved curtain wall?

curtain wall system: point 0 start at the bottom left OK
curtain wall “classic”: point 0 start at the bottom left OK
curtain wall curved:

first panel point 0 start at the top left BAD
the following panels point 0 start at the bottom left OK

It’s based on how they were created. I can’t test right now but my guess is that wall was drawn right to left instead of left to right.

I have a little video for you to understand a little more precisely.

http://autode.sk/2AzHN2F

Hi there,

In fact the problem comes from the autodesk package (curtain boundaries) and not from Lunchbox, I just apologize to the author.

Do you have an email address to specifically contact Autodesk support?

the problem is also present since Revit 2017 and Dynamo 0.9.1.4062

Did some more digging on this, and have confirmed that it’s a function of how Revit creates the grids and panels. No idea why it behaves this way, but it does. Since significant edits to the grids and panels can cause stuff to be even more out of order (try adding and deleting a few dozen partial horizontal grids), it’s likely best to incorporate a sorting function into each version of your graph.

I think a good means of doing this would be something like sub-group each group of points using the rounded Z value of each point as a key, then sort the subgroups by their parameter along the wall’s curve (may have to pull them to the same height as the curve first), then flatten the subgroups producing the correct order of points.

i create solution for the firts panel and reverse points (curve high and low)

and place adaptive component wiyh six points

and with Dynamo player:

add the nomber of grid and adaptative component

It seems like you may have solved your problem, but, I wanted to weigh in on this portion.

The curved representation is actually not a problem, but by design as far as I can tell. The curtainPanel.boundaries node is extracting the boundaries according to the underlying location curve of the curtain wall. This is how I would want it represented initially. I can then revise to planar if that is what I need.

I John,

I solved my problem but I found another one for the rest of my dynamo script.

-from the segments I create a closed curve and then a surface by patch.
-I then place a point in relation to the UV area of 0.5
I repeat this point in relation to this normal
-finally I place thanks to the two points an adaptive component composed of two points

you can see that the point is not placed in the middle of the curve yet this should be the case.

On the other hand by choosing the curves high and low and by creating a surface by loft and well the starting point is at the right place

the node:

Hi! Where can I get this node: Curves.DeconstructPolyCurve? I can’t find the right package :confused:

Hi Thomas
the package that contains the node is Lunchbox :slight_smile:

1 Like

@fred,
I have the latest version of lunchbox, but cannot find the Curves.DeconstructPolyCurve command. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Since you just need the curves, try Geometry.Explode.

hi emily and JacobSmall

i have a bug with the last version of lunchbox and revit 2018.3 but the geometry.Explode is ok.

thanks Jacobsmall for the tips :slight_smile: