Place views together on an existing Sheet

Hi all,

I could not find this Sheet.PackViews in the newer versions of the Rhythm package. Any alternative?

I ended up reworking that node to offer more flexibility and to actually “pack views” from the bottom left.

Updating it allowed for this: Laying Out Sheets with Generative Design in Revit - Dynamo BIM

The original implementation used some code from the Dynamo node that creates sheets. I just added a fail output for the ones that did not fit.

Let me get a graph saved to send you to show the new method. I can revive the old one if it seems useful, but I always had an issue with it because it didn’t offer any real choices.

1 Like

*edit: make sure to run on manual run mode to avoid a view placement loop. :sweat_smile:

20220610-packViewports
Pack Sheets.dyn (38.3 KB)

4 Likes

This is a great implementation. Would love to see someone expand this out for multiple sheets. Views (section, floor plan, legend, etc) of the same type scould take the same positions on all sheets,

1 Like

Does the GenerativeDesign.PackViewPorts work with multiple sheets?

I built a script that makes interior elevations based on selection of rooms, filters, names, and orders them according to office standard, and places them on the correct sheet number series as per office standard.

But the next step is placing them on sheets in the same consecutive order, adjusting the amount of elevations views on the page depending on sheet size and view size.

I think it probably could. It would take quite a bit of adjusting though.