How to create sheets based on views using dynamo code

i run this code but sheet only created its not showing any view on the sheet .moreover is showing error.
please check attched image and suggest me
ERROR:
Warning: Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndView operation failed.
View 0 could not be packed on the Sheet. The sheet is 2.75590551181102 x 1.94881889763779 and the view to be added is 1.71347609093622 x 2.49243850933259

I would recommend using Rhythm’s “Sheet.PackViews” node. This will require you to create a sheet prior to packing views onto a sheet.

1 Like

hi patrick
i tried what you suggested but its not working
again its showing error

Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of PackViews that takes arguments of type (Revit.Elements.Views.Sheet,Revit.Elements.Element)

Hi,

I dont think the View “BrowserOrganization” can be placed on a Sheet.
Try another node to select your View, or make the Revit canvas the active view by clicking on it.

1 Like

i will check it

thanks

I’m not sure if there is a misunderstanding of how to use Springs.Collector.CurrentSelection node. If there is, this gif should illustrate how you can use it.

Based on your first graph: tried using a bigger sheet size? :slight_smile:

this is now wokrking for to create one sheet only includng views.
for multiple sheets with views we can able to do ??

can we able to do like this (find attached image)

Warning: Sheet.PackViews operation failed.
The referenced object is not valid, possibly because it has been deleted from the database, or its creation was undone.

Give this node from SteamNodes a try

Yes, you’ll need to adjust the lists at level for the input into the Sheet.PackViews

If you wish to place one view per sheet with the pack method this is how.

Hi Patrcik,

I gave this a go but getting a result as shown below

you got the result right please send the dynamo program screenshot .

ow ok no chance of it placing them neatly out in the space? Will have to work on something to put them on the sheet nicely

okey

@vanman

view_locations_align.dyn (6.4 KB)

Thanks m.rijsmus. I don’t have a template view to align it with though. My curtain wall schedules will always be changing and varying. Hoping to develop somthing that packs rectangles (view windows) into a bigger rectangle (sheet).

You mean something like this i guess (never got to the point calculating part)