Place views on sheets / Nodes doesnt work

Hi- is anyone know whats going on with nodes for placing views on sheets? Those available dont work… I’m looking for the simplest formula in python ( views/ sheets/ points ). Error detection is not necessary.
I tried to make this formula via chatGpt but it gives me many errors :confused:

I moreorless solve this in Python here with error checking included:

ChatGPT in isolation will almost never solve your coding issues. It is a copilot at best.

I haven’t had or seen any issues with any of the nodes to do this; what issues are you seeing?

e.g this error- ~2 years ago it was ok

That node havent been updated for years, but could probably work if you open the node and correct these inputs…but why not try Gavins node that one work or rhythm create viewport

1 Like

Hi! Thanks,
I tried this python script yesterday, but with some difficulties.
I hope it should work without excel file as in schema below? Inside node below i put python script mentioned in Your above tutorial.

Pretty sure that 2 years ago it had the same issues you’re seeing here. 2020 it may have been fine, but if I recall 2021 introduced the reserved namespace, which is the issue you’re seeing. Opening the graph and editing the inputs should resolve it.

The Viewport.Create node in Rhythm and the Viewport.BySheetViewLocation which I believe was added as a Dynamo for Revit core node in Revit 2021.

1 Like

My workflow eventually works with those 3 inputs BUT if you dont use excel then you need to change the front end of the script. Generally if you have even lists of those three inputs my workflow works with them just fine.

Ok, thank You- finally, i used a Revit node - Viewport.BySheetViewLocation. It works well for basic example ( 2 views, 2 sheets ).
Best Regards.