Place hosted family instance by face

Hello everyone, I’m trying to place hosted family instance by using node FamilyInstance.ByFace. The node works well except one problem. When I place it manually, its elevation is same as the ceiling but when I place it by Dynamo, the elevation is 0 (please take a look at screenshots below). Have anyone know the reason why and how to fix it? Your advices will be very helpful to me. Thank you.

This is what I’ve got so far:
Place family instace from CAD.dyn (50.2 KB)

@Luffy11 ,

The hosting on on a linked face is not recommended. By updateing the link, elements could get lost. As a model-rule i would implement a Reference-Plane or a Level, in your case a Level for ceiling-components.

KR

Andreas

1 Like

@Luffy11, the Dynamo placed family is reporting an Elevation of 0.0 because it has no level to reference. Try setting the Schedule Level parameter to Level 1 for all placed instances. This can be appended to your script or done manually within the element’s instance parameters.

1 Like

@Draxl_Andreas Thank you for replying me. Actually I’ve tried doing it in the first place but I have this issue. Although I’ve set their elevation to 2400mm, the height of family instances are still 0 after running the script and I don’t know how to flip them neither. That’s why I host them on a linked face. Please help me if you have any advices.

@erfajo thank you for your help.

@pete.heibel Indeed. I tried and it worked perfectly. Thank you for your help.

1 Like