FamilyInstance.ByPointAndLevel

Hello all,

I am working on a dynamo script that places family instances at certain locations in a building model using a node called “FamilyInstance.ByPointAndLevel.” For some reason, when the elements are placed in the model, they are placed at the correct X and Y coordinates, but are only visible in the Ground Floor View rather than the floor plan associated with their level. I believe the problem may have to do with the fact that the element does not get associated with a host upon placement. (The host parameter is listed as “None” for all elements placed using the FamilyInstance.ByPointAndLevel node.) As you can see in the image below, the element has the appropriate parameters for levels (Second Floor) and offset from said levels.

Any working alternative suggestions for family instance placement would be appreciated as well.
So far ByPointAndLevel has been the most promising node I have come across.

The elevation form level is set at -5800, is that correct? It is possible that the level is correct but that negative elevation moves the element to the ground floor.

The elevation from the level is -5800 because Revit automatically places the element on the ground floor. I did not set the elevation in my dynamo program. You could see that Elevation from Level is greyed out and cannot be changed. I simply assigned inputs for the FamilyInstance.ByPointAndLevel node and this was the result.

Well that can be edited in two ways. Or you modify the family and make that parameter editable, or with Dynamo, there are nodes which allows you to get parameters from families and change them.