Place electrical connector on family (RFA) with Dynamo

I would like to know how to place electrical connector on any face of family using Dynamo.

I can place electrical connectors in Revit, but I need to repeat that process thousands of times.
We are looking for a way to automate the placement of electrical connector with Dynamo.

We would appreciate any information you can provide.

Environment
Revit: 2019.2.1.1
Dynamo: 1.3.4.6666

@katsumi1.fukuda ,

look for topics like these:

Note these are unsupported versions. There is an update for Dynamo 2.0.4 which you should get to open up a ton of new features. I also recommend moving to Revit 2020+, as 2019 has not had any security updates for almost 2 years now.

Hi,

You can create electrical connectors on faces in the family editor with the Genius Loci package.

However, I need to create the family in Revit 2019.
Is there any way to resolve the issue with the different versions?

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, the Genius Loci package that is compatible with Revit 2019 does not have a “Create ElectricalConnector” node.

For reference, I would like to see an image showing how the “Create ElectricalConnector” node should be connected.

There were many topics to place families as you have shown, but I need to place electrical connectors, not families.

Try installing 2.0.4 and see if that gets you up and running. Considering your using software which has been unsupported for about 1 year and 10 months now, you’re going to be quite handicapped.

https://dynamobuilds.com/

Hi,

The workflow will be quite difficult but possible.
Please read the forum rules : How to get help on the Dynamo forums
Try something for yourself in Dynamo 2.04.

My apologies.

I tried with Revit2022 and the output result was null.
I don’t see any errors, so I don’t know what is wrong.
Any information would be appreciated.

I took the Python script from the “Create ElectricalConnector” node and ran it, and found the error shown in the image.
What does it mean?

2.PNG

Hi,

You can hover your mouse over the inputs to learn how to use the node.
You don’t need to provide a Document to the Create Connector node because the node can itself use the current document.
You have to convert your face to a reference (with the Surface Reference node for example).

I was successful using the method you showed me.
Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for all the help you have given me.
I have one more question.

I want to install electrical connectors in Revit 2019.

So, using the great node you created as a reference, I would like to create a node in python script in Revit2019 that does the same movement.

My question is, did you create this node in Iron Python3?

I assume you want to recreate the custom node for Dynamo 1.3.4. You can simply copy paste the code into a Python node.
However Revit 2019 is compatible with Dynamo 2.04 and therefore with the latest version of the Genius Loci package

1 Like

I am very sorry for the delay in replying.

Thank you again and again for your help.
I will give it a try.