Pipes from Lines

Hi All,

I’m trying to create pipes from line curves, but unable to create one.
What I get is a null value.

Can anyone help me figure where the problem is ?

thanks in advance

Looks like you might not be feeding a system type or element type, but rather an element and a system. Try getting the parameter value for ‘type’ for both before feeding along your list. also make sure you’re feeding a single system and pipe type for each before progressing.

Thanks @jacob.small

Hi @jacob.small

I’ve attached my script for your reference.

Pipes from Line.dyn (26.0 KB)

I need to model pipes using lines, all I have now created is a line using “Point.By coordinates” node and “Line.StartPointEndPoint” node.

created

Next is to use “Pipe.ByLines” Node from MEPover Package

I don’t know what the error is in the python script since I’m new to it.
But I want to know two things:

1. Am I doing the right way (using the snips above)?
  2. Is there an alternative solution to this?

Figured out what the problem was.

2 Likes

from which package you have taken ‘curve from line’ node. pls share the link here or tell me the correct package name.

thanks in advance

1 Like

look in geometry. Is there…

I´ve a similar problem. I read dates from an excel sheet instead. The thing is I have as a result “null”.

Can anyone help me??

Just type curve.startpoint or else look in the geometry section, hope it helps

I keep getting null result. I am reading points coordinates to create lines, but even with simpliest line I get null pipe result.
Can anyone clarify what Revit version and Dynamo are you using. I try several version with same results. NULL pipe

You are feeding it a pipe instead of a pipe type on the second input.

Thanks a lot! beginner mistake…

1 Like

I am having similar issues with the Pipe.ByLines node. I feel i have everything correct:

• List of Lines
  • Pipe Type
  • Piping System Type
  • Level
  • Diameter (i’ve played with number a million times, but nothing).

The first picture is a screenshot of my Revit screen (i am creating these lines form CAD line locations in the same script) - It shows the lines do exist
The second picture is my script, showing what seems to be everything working, except for the Pipe.ByLines node.

I am running this in Dyanmo 2.0.3 in Revit 2018 & my MEPOver package is from 0

I think the level you are feeding in is a string value instead of an actual level

That was exactly it - Thanks!!!

1 Like

First of all, thank you for this node!! I was able to make it generate pipes from model lines, but I do not understand how to control which PipeType and PipingSystemType are used. I can make it select from the index, but it’s a blind selection. How I can I read that Watch list to know which index number matches the Type that I want?

Just drop in a code block and type in: x.Name
That will show you the names of the system and pipe type, then use the corresponding index number to feed in the correct type

2 Likes

Thank you!! That is an AWESOME trick!