Parameter.CreateProjectParameter

Ran into a number of issues dealing with project parameters, and just circled back to work on this some more. What I found out is until the project is saved the project parameters aren’t available to dynamo,which seems to mean there’s no way to prevent a user from double clicking and adding them twice.
I’m at a complete loss about the shared parameter version too, it’s creating it’s own GUID and creating it’s own Shared Parameter getting added to the project, there’s no way to point it to a .txt file like one would expect, let alone it creates the same GUID project to project or not.
I think the clockwork passthru node may be a help here, it’ll stop a process until another has completed in the same script, but there’s some sort of major system trigger after the project parameter is created. Revit has to have the project saved to be acknowledged by Dynamo again, which really screws up any idea of creating the project parameter then writing to it.

3 Likes

I think i got it it was a little off the normal path but solved the problem take a look and see what you think.

1 Add Parameters.dyn (16.5 KB)

P.S. got some help from this post

1 Like

hi @jarod.tulanowski question, i’m 3 years late, is the list on the code block that was fed on the IN[1]? the parameter names? thanks!

Salutations,
I am attempting to generate a new parameter, but I am unable to locate the node Parameter Groups. Could someone please assist me in determining its location or which package it is part of?

Hi,

In Revit 2023 use the new nodes Group Types and Spec Types to create parameters.

1 Like