Packages not appear when installed

Hi;
When i install some packages like celery and arch-lab.net, its nodes don’t appear in my list.
I use dynamo core 2.00.4354 that integrated with Alias.
Any suggestions please.

Thank you all.

make sure to download the 2.0 versions of those packages. I believe at least celery has been updated, and I think Archilab was done or is in progress.

Yes I downloaded the latest versions but it still not working.
I think the issue arises from python related stuffs.
Should i install some python libraries to my PC, how to get it?

it could be the specific version of dynamo which is bundled with alias, but I am not sure.
Do you see any notifications in the menu for dynamo. I agree with @erfajo you should not need to install additional python libraries to see packages.

No, there is no notifications. The packages manager shows that the packages are installed, but there is nothing in the list!!.

please look in the console as well for errors -
likely you are trying to load packages which have a dependencies on the RevitAPI dlls - these will not load unless you are in revit.

Yes, there is some errors, may you have a look

Dynamo – Build 2.0.0.4354
Duplicate migration type registered for SunPathDirection
Dynamo will use the package manager server at : https://www.dynamopackages.com
Exception when attempting to load package archi-lab.net from C:\Users\Abou-Menna\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Alias\DynamoPrefs2019\2.0\packages\archi-lab.net
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

archilab depends on the revit api - it cannot be loaded while using alias.

you could post an issue there for @Konrad_K_Sobon - maybe he can move some non revit functionality to a different core package - or you can fork his repo and do something similar.

Alright, that explains why archi-lab.net not working, what about “Celery” package. I looked up the log file for something related, but i think there is nothing.
Here is the full log after a new fresh session:

Dynamo log started 2018-05-27 04:09:39Z

Dynamo – Build 2.0.0.4354
Duplicate migration type registered for SunPathDirection
Dynamo will use the package manager server at : https://www.dynamopackages.com
Exception when attempting to load package archi-lab.net from C:\Users\Abou-Menna\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Alias\DynamoPrefs2019\2.0\packages\archi-lab.net
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
The folder ‘C:\Users\Abou-Menna\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Alias\DynamoPrefs2019\2.0\packages_DynaShape\dyf’ does not exist
DynamoPackageManager (id: FCABC211-D56B-4109-AF18-F434DFE48139) extension is added
Backup files timer is started with an interval of 60000 milliseconds
RENDER : Rendering Tier: 2
RENDER : Pixel Shader 3 Supported: True
RENDER : Pixel Shader 4 Supported: False
RENDER : Software Effect Rendering Supported: True
RENDER : Maximum hardware texture size: 16384,16384
DynamoManipulationExtension (id: 58B0496A-E3F8-43D9-86D2-94823D1D0F98) view extension is added
LibraryUI (id: 85941358-5525-4FF4-8D61-6CA831F122AB) view extension is added
NotificationsExtension (id: ef6cd025-514f-44cd-b6b1-69d9f5cce004) view extension is added
PackageManagerViewExtension (id: 100f5ec3-fde7-4205-80a7-c968b3a5a27b) view extension is added
IPC extension has been initialized.
Alias application has been connected.
Welcome to Dynamo!
00:00:00.6640636 elapsed for loading Dynamo main window.
Dynamo command has been started in Alias application
ERR_ABORTED
Clearing workspace…

Hi @maxy_13

Try loading dll file manually. Go to File-> Import Library and select custom packages dll file and open.

2 Likes

I loaded .dll manually and that worked like a charm.
Thank you for your help.
Much appreciated

@maxy_13 No Problem :wink: Hope your happy now :slight_smile:

AFAIK- you should be fine to use the 2018 api in the 2017 environment, unless your package calls a method that does not exist in the 2017 api.

2 Likes

Hi, I installed Archi-lab package 2022.210.2522 for Revit 2022, dynamo 2.10. After I installed it, the package does not appear. I have tried all versions of 2022.210.xx22, and I also tried to manually load (do not allow me to load), I will try to publish it locally (part of functions works). @Konrad_K_Sobon, could you please provide some suggestions for the situation.