Output duplicating when opening a script

I’ve had this issue in a couple of different scripts now. When I open a script that has previously worked fine, the outputs from a drop down menu node have been duplicated and return an error if i run the script. In the script shown here I may end up with 20 drop downs which will each need to be changed when i open the script. In the other script it was the “sheets” node that did this and wasn’t really an issue as that was the only one i had to change, it’s a bit more of an issue if i have to change all the drop downs on opening the script.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Using Revit 2017.2 and Dynamo 2.0.1

Hi @AndrewWalker,

Rhythm isn’t updated for dynamo 2.0.

You can find the reason here :

john_pierson
24d

Adding to this complexity are the changes in Dynamo 2.0.x versus 1.3.x. I am trying to get ready for an upgrade but want to make sure to have backwards compatibility. Getting rid of the DYFs helps ensure this.The reason being, I really do not want to have Rhythm for Dynamo 1.3.x and Rhythm for Dynamo 2.0.x.

Node model nodes must be written differently in Dynamo 2.0 and it explains the duplicates outputs in Dynamo 2.0.

@Alban_de_Chasteigner is absolutely correct. Use ootb categories instead.

Thanks, I’ll use the ootb categories node. This should help me to fix my other script too.

1 Like