What I want to do is a take VERY large list of values from excel and populate the respective Family Parameters in Revit.
- The only field which is consistent between the two sets of data is the Mark Value.
- The List are not sorted in a logical manner from excel.
- The columns are consistent in data type and format.
- The columns in excel and the parameter names match, but are in the wrong orders in the lists.
- It is quite a large data set in excel and I would like to maintain the way it is formatted.
What is the preferred method to map this item = to this item in this list and is there a good example somewhere? I envision something like an Index(Match( Function in Excel. Where it knows This Row is = to this set of data and it is always in a certain order.
I have 38 Parameters, and 38 Columns of Data They are titles the same. But not in the same order when I get it all into Dynamo.
I want to take a singles list of parameters and a List of a category of elements (say mechancical (FCU)) and assign the data into the correct parameter field. So if I have 60 FCU’s and I have 38 parameters per FCU that begins to expand quickly
Image on Left is the Full List of Assets by Column. Image on Right is a snap of the cells from excel.
Note: I need to add an empty list so those numbers in the watch categories are sync’d up. (the field won’t be null in the excel later)
Below is a list of Parameters to be filled in (matches the ones from excel)
Below is snap of the parameters applied in the model and match the excel asset register. (this Mark value is consistent)