Exporting Parameters value from Excel to Revit

Hi guys,

I have recently joined the dynamo user group society, hence I am new to this community and basic Dynamo user.
I have recently created a script that imports data from EXCEL to Revit.
The import part works fine, but for some reason dynamo changes the mark value for elements in revit.
The below is an example of piles, they each need to have all the load cases filled in.
Its easier/faster top do it with dynamo then manually by typing.
All piles have the unique mark value as they have different load cases. The script seem to partially work but instead of leaving the mark value as it is, it changes it.
Has any of you encountered this issue?
is there something that I am missing?
Any help will be much appreciated.

It doesn’t look like you sorted the structural columns by mark at all. Instead you just took a list of all of the columns in no specific order and gave them a mark based on the Excel sheet.

Try sorting them so that their existing Mark parameter matches the order for the Excel’s mark order.

More specifically, the very top SetParameterByName node is set to change the mark parameter using the Excel data. You wrote that you wanted the script to leave the mark value as it is, yet that node changes it.

thanks kennyb6 for such a prompt reply!
So your suggestion is to sort the parameter by mark after the node “All elements of category” and remove list get Item at index node with the mark parameter?

Something like that, yes. There are a few ways to do this but basically you want the column elements in the same order as the Excel data.

If you are positive that there are the same amount of elements in Revit as the Excel data and that the marks are the same between them, then you can just use SortByKey node with the element’s mark value as the key.

If the Revit elements and Excel data are not the same (i.e. more elements than rows of data in Excel) you will have to filter and order based on the excel data. This will be more complicated but still doable.

I think you collect Structural Column not The pile.